Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Why I Blog

"My blog continues to give me sooooooooooo much pleasure too, I love coming here and wittering away alongside my pictures!! It provides me with a hugely valuable means of memory-preserving which is so precious, . . . and of course it's all there for my Little People to visit and enjoy in the future."    --Lucy, blogging on Attic24

Back last August, I was pondering whether blogging was for me and if so what my purpose for blogging should be.  I thought and thought and even did some research on it, but never could come to a decision so, typically, I did nothing.  Then I suddenly had an epiphany after reading the above on one of my favorite blogs--Attic24.  I love blogging and all it involves: design; layout; choosing a topic; composing a post; taking photos or choosing them from ones already taken.  Blogging is a creative outlet for me. In addition, it is an electronic journal of my memories that I can share with my family and friends.

For 16 years, I have kept a written journal.  Actually, it is now 15 or 16 journals.  My writings in those journals is deeply personal, however, and not to be shared.  In fact, I have requested that they be burned upon my death. They aren't a potential tell-all blockbuster about my life--just my random thoughts and musings.  Now, with my blog, I have a means of sharing my life with others that I am comfortable with.

More regular posting is another habit I would like to nurture and develop this year. 

No comments: