Monday, January 24, 2011

Another Work in Progress

It's a work in progress. It's got a lot of new things on it, but it still needs a lot. ~Tiffany Ross
The road to h___ is paved with works-in-progress.  ~Philippe de Comines

I began another project yesterday afternoon.  I must be crazy with all the works in progress (WIPs) I already have, but this is crocheting one 12 inch block a month until December, 2011.  When I have finished all twelve of the blocks, I will put them together into an afghan for my grandson.  I am using seven very bright colors of a soft worsted weight yarn:  Caron Simply Soft Brites.  The yarn is a bit splitty, but I am pleased with the pattern and my progress so far.

Maggie's Square for Baby G's Afghan

The square was designed by The Crochet Dude, Drew Emborsky. It is a free pattern that can be found on Ravelry and here. It has a new stitch in it for me--the crossed double crochet stitch.  It took me a bit of practice and research to be able to feel comfortable with the new stitch, but I'm glad I took the time.  I really like it and am happy to add another stitch to my repertoire.

No comments: