Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Good Things Are Worth Waiting For

I'm a firm believer in delayed gratification. Things mean more when you have to wait for them.  ~Jean Chatzky

My parents' visit is drawing to a close.  They fly home tomorrow morning.  I have greatly enjoyed their visit and I think they had a good time, too.  I am sorry in many ways to see them go, especially because I don't think they will ever make the trip back here again.  On the other hand, if you try to hold on too tightly to happiness it diminishes it.

That being said, I am looking forward to more free time to indulge my passion for knitting and crocheting.  I have several projects in the works that have been crying out to me to be finished.  I knitted some while they were here, but it was fairly mindless and could be done while watching TV or talking with them.  These other projects require my full attention and I felt that I needed to give it to them while they were visiting.

Soon I will be able to knit and crochet to my heart's content with the happy memory of their visit still fresh in my mind. Life is good!

No comments: