Thursday, January 13, 2011

Daily Commitment

I think in terms of the day's resolutions, not the years'.  ~Henry Moore

For some time now I have begun each day with a mental listing of behaviors that I want to engage in  just for today. At the end of the day I review my list to see if I have been successful in achieving my morning goals.  What may seem impossible for me to accomplish in the long term--a month, a year--is often attainable  just for today


Here is my morning mantra:  Just for today . . .   
  • I choose to be free of anger, fear, worry, and regret.
  • I will be patient.
  • I will be grateful for my many blessings.
  • I will work with integrity.
  • I will show kindness and respect to my family, friends, and neighbors.
  • I choose to live in sunshine, regardless of any shadows on my heart. 
I think this is the method I should use to acquire some of the new habits I have been writing about the past two weeks.    

No comments: