Thursday, January 20, 2011

Time to Get Started

Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in. ~Napoleon Bonaparte

I've always been great at making plans, but come up short when it is time to put the plans into action.  I have no excuses now for not implementing my long deliberated resolutions for this new year.  My visitors have returned home.  We have no travel plans for the time being.  I have few social commitments.  The weather is good. So far my goals for 2011 have been unstated, but only because once I've actually expressed them verbally or in writing then I am committed.  The time for deliberation is over. 

My goals for this year are:  

  1. Use stash whenever possible in knitting and crocheting new projects.
  2. Finish all WIPs beginning with the 2008 Block-a-Month afghan for the guest bedroom.
  3. Walk, walk, and walk some more.
  4. Eat healthfully.
  5. Write in my journal and blog regularly--at least once a week.
  6. Call my parents once a week to check on their health and well-being.
  7. Get a new primary care physician.
  8. Read at least one piece of classic literature a month.
  9. Make a baby quilt.
  10. Make and give a family photo album to each of my children.
  11. Send a long, newsy e-mail to my neglected friends.
    Very ambitious, I know, but without goals nothing is accomplished.  I am very motivated and can't wait to get started tomorrow.

    No comments: