Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tea and Crochet

There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea. ~Henry James, The Portrait of a Lady

What a lovely afternoon I've had!  My husband and I sat in the living room sipping tea in companionable silence.  He read and I crocheted.  Life doesn't get any better than that. 

I was able to finish the first block for the 2011 Block-a-Month Crochet Along, a group I belong to on Ravelry.  The afghan I will eventually put together with the twelve blocks I'll be making is for my little grandson.  I chose very vibrant colors because the finished afghan is for a child.  However, I was getting a bit anxious wondering if the colors were too vibrant.  Now that it is finished I love it. 


January Block--Maggie's Square

Now, I only have eleven more blocks to go!

No comments: