Sunday, January 09, 2011

A Simple Sunday Afternoon

"Good bread is the most fundamentally satisfying of all foods."~James Beard

I spent a quiet day at home today. Just watching the NFL playoff games (glad the Ravens and Green Bay won!); knitting on my Scrawl on the Wall Shawl (became very frustrated after having to frog the lace weight and novelty yarns I was using today); and so ended my afternoon by baking some bread.  My parents are coming for their first visit to our high desert home and I wanted to make something to welcome them. I couldn't think of anything more welcoming than a homemade loaf of bread.

I used to make bread when my children were young and then stopped when my life became really crazy with work.  For years, I wanted a bread machine, but had so little counter space and storage room in my old kitchen that it remained only a dream.  Our kitchen here is not huge, but I made room for a bread machine and use it often. Today I made Nutty Low Carb Bread.  I've made it quite a few times and everyone seems to love it, plus it keeps very well.

I love my bread machine!


Yummy, nutty low carb bread  
I was very tempted to have a slice, but once I start eating it I can't stop and it is for Mom and Dad, after all.

No comments: