Saturday, January 08, 2011

Comfort Knitting

"There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort." ~Jane Austen 

Jane had it almost right. My take on it would be:  There is nothing like staying at home knitting for real comfort.  

I have been staying at home a lot lately trying to stay warm.  After all the traveling we've done this year, it feels really good to be housebound.  I love to cook, bake, and read when I have some extended time at home, but for real comfort I love to knit or crochet.  I didn't finish my little Christmas gnome last night, but I did cast on the Scrawl on the Wall Shawl. It is an easy knit, pretty much of a no-brainer except when I have to decide what color to use next. Here is my progress so far: 


Some may turn to food or music or even drink for comfort, but just give me needles or a hook and some yarn and that's all the comfort I need.

No comments: