Sunday, January 23, 2011

End of the Chase

Slow down and everything you are chasing will come around and catch you.  ~John De Paola

Yesterday I was greatly frustrated in my planning for a family vacation in May.  Nothing was working.  I couldn't find flights that were affordable and with times that were reasonable.  I couldn't find accommodations for all of us.  I was ready to pull my hair out, so I took a break and just knitted for hours.  It was very calming and gave me hope that somehow I would make everything work another day.

Well, today was the day.  I talked with my daughter-in-law and she was willing to change the dates I was having so much difficulty with.  Then I went online and found flights and accommodations that were nearly perfect.  I feel a great sense of relief and now we are all looking forward to some quality time together. 

I hope I can remember this the next time I panic when things are not going my way.  Stepping away from a problem for a while is sometimes the best way to solve it.

No comments: