Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Perseverance or Insanity?

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.  ~Newt Gingrich 

Insanity:  doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.  ~Albert Einstein


Sunday afternoon I grew frustrated with my knitting of the Scrawl on the Wall Shawl because I was trying to use a lace weight yarn and a novelty yarn and I kept having difficulties. The lace weight was too light and the novelty yarn too splitty.  I must have frogged the same section of the shawl three or four times and finally put it up.  Monday I attempted to add those two yarns to the shawl again and I had to frog it.  Today I picked the shawl up and decided to try one more time with the lace weight and novelty yarns and I had no problems!  Am I a persevering knitter or just plain insane? 

No comments: