Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Monthly Check-Up

An ounce of performance is worth pounds of promises. ~Mae West
Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach. ~Tom Robbins

The first of February and I think it is time to check-up on those eleven goals I posted here and see what progress I have made.

  1. I did use some stash yarn this month to make bookmarks for the members of one of my book clubs.
  2. I did not finish even one WIP (Work in Progress); instead I started a new afghan, a shawl, and a Christmas ornament.
  3. I did start walking again, but so far only one day and I am going to postpone any more walking until next Monday.  We are having cold, cold weather right now (24 degrees tonight and 16 degrees tomorrow night.)  My blood is now acclimated to warm weather, not cold.
  4. I did start a healthy eating regimen.  In fact, I am trying out a vegan diet for three weeks.
  5. I did blog every day for a month, but did not write in my journal even once.
  6. I did not call my parents once a week.  They were here for ten days, but I have not called them since they returned home.
  7. I did not get a new primary care physician yet.
  8. I did not finish reading a piece of classic literature in January, but I did begin reading The Call of the Wild by Jack London.  I read it first when I was about fourteen and remembered liking it very much. I am very engrossed in the story and plan to read White Fang next.
  9. I did not make a baby quilt yet.  Haven't even thought of it much.
  10. I did not make a family photo album for my children yet.  Haven't looked at all the pictures I have in 3 big boxes in some time.
  11. I did send a long, newsy e-mail to my neglected friends.  Just made it under the wire for January--sent it yesterday.
Well, six out of eleven at least partially held to for the month of January.  Not fantastic, but it is a beginning.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hi Kathleen. Six out of eleven is probably better than most. Besides its a new month you could go 11 out of 11 in February. So happy to see you at Tangled Happy. I was glad to be sharing my Tangled Happy Wand Tutorial. Thanks for you nice comment!

Kathleen said...

Thanks for checking out my blog, Sara. I love the creative things you do and will be making several of the Tangled Happy Wands for my little nieces.