Thursday, February 03, 2011

February Hearts

Love is not written on paper, for paper can be erased.  Nor is it etched on stone, for stone can be broken.  But it is inscribed on a heart and there it shall remain forever. ~Unknown

Grandma's Heart Square
This is the February block for the 2011 Block-a-Month Crochet-a-long I'm participating in on Ravelry.  It was designed by Carola Wijma and the pattern can be downloaded for free from Ravelry. It is aptly named because it will be used in the making of an afghan for my little grandson, Baby G.  It was a challenge for me, as I needed to read a crochet chart in order to make it, and it incorporated many different stitches.  It was a wonderful learning experience and great fun, too!

Little Heart Bookmarks

 I posted here about these bookmarks I was making for the members of one of my book clubs.  The pattern was designed by Lee at KilliecrankieFarm.  They were quick and satisfying to make and now here are all eight finished and ready for gifting.

I love to make things in heart shapes and I am always attracted to items with hearts on them.  Example the pillow above.  Since Valentine's Day is in February I usually indulge myself with the making of hearts and decorating with them as well.  Don't be surprised if more hearts show up on this blog this month.

No comments: