Tuesday, February 08, 2011

And Even More Hearts

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I bought a little artificial tree years ago for Christmas and really enjoyed placing small ornaments on it that I had made or bought over the years.  It always made me a bit sad to take those ornaments off and pack them and the tree up when Christmas time was over.  Then one day, a lovely idea came to me.  Why pack the tree away when it could be decorated throughout the year for the different seasons or holidays?  Here it is in its role as my Valentine's Tree:  


I made this heart garland for my mother-in-law to hang in her living area.  We won't see her for Valentine's Day, but I wanted her to know she was in our thoughts. I made it so she would have a visible proof of our love.  I used Peaches & Creme yarn in the Peppermint colorway.  The pattern Crochet Heart Garland can be found here.  Thanks, Suzetta of Suzies Stuff. It was a lot of fun to make and I love the way the variegated yarn made each heart unique. 


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Well done!

Kathleen said...

Thanks, Sarah. I visited your blog. It is lovely and inspiring. Then I realized you are the moderator of the Hearts group on Ravelry. I'm enjoying my participation in the group. It feeds my obsession with hearts. Thanks for starting it.

Aisyah Helga said...

Wow Kathleen! That's the same heart garland that you'll be receiving! Isn't that a coincidence?? Karma, huh?

Kathleen said...

This one went to my mother-in-law, so now I'll have one to keep for myself. I loved it so much it was hard to give away, but yes, I think it is Karma, now I'll have a lovely one from you. Thanks so much!