Friday, February 04, 2011

More Hearts

Today, see if you can stretch your heart and expand your love so that it touches not only those to whom you can give it easily, but also those who need it so much.~Daphne Rose Kingma

I promised more hearts this month and here are some from last year that I didn't post about.


Sweet Heart Sachet

I crocheted this heart last year to hang on my guest bedroom door knob.  I don't remember now what yarn I used or what hook size, but the pattern can be found here.  It is a PDF download.  Very quick and easy.  I filled it with potpourri which has lost its fragrance, but it is a cheery welcome to all who come to stay with me a while.

Heart Pin Front

Heart Pin Back

This little Heart Pin is one of five I made last February for my sister, her daughter, my daughter, my cousin, and myself.  We all rented a beautiful home in Phoenix for a week to celebrate our birthdays.  It was so much warmer than this year, but at least I have the memories to keep me warm.  I used a variety of scrap yarns for the pins and put a different button on each one.  I hot glued a pin on the back of each.  It gave me pleasure to show them how much I love them with a gift of a heart.  The pattern for the heart pin can be found here.

Those are all the hearts I have to show you today, but I have more in the works.  Need to get busy now.

No comments: