Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Crafty Day

One craft project, like one cookie, is never enough! ~Unknown

What a wonderful, crafty day I've had!  I made good use of some of the materials I bought yesterday and made this for my front door.  It will welcome my book club members to my home next week and follows the heart theme I have going in my decorating at the moment.  The pattern for this project can be found here. Neen, a lovely lady from Galway, Ireland, has generously shared this pattern for free.


After I finished the wreath project, I was on a roll, so made this little pin for my sister's birthday.  It was last week, but we are celebrating it tomorrow with a spa visit and lunch at a tearoom. The photo is a bit blurry.  My photographic skills definitely need some improvement.  I purchased the clever silver pin and the charm (amethyst for February) from CR's Crafts, a great online resource for many crafty products.  Used some beads I just happen to have in my craft closet. I love the pin because the head unscrews and I just slid the charm and beads on and screwed the head back on.





 

2 comments:

Sara said...

Aww... I think your sister will love that little pin! Super cute. What is the name of the gnome group on raverly? Maybe I will join. Sounds like you miss your daughter. My mom and I are very close. I know I would hate it if we had to move to far. Maybe its time for a visit. :)

Kathleen said...

You were right--my sister loved the pin.I gave it to her today. I sent you a message on Ravelry with a link to the Christmas ornament group. I do miss my daughter very much.Saw her last in September--too long ago. Hope to see her again soon, but we do talk very frequently on the phone.