Monday, February 28, 2011

A Trio of Hearts

There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart. . .pursue those. ~Michael Nolan

As a final indulgence in my passion for all things heart this month, I have made two more items to share with you as February is ending. I liked the pin I made for my sister for her birthday so much that I decided  to make one for myself. I never used to wear bright colors, just blacks, browns, dark blues and greens. Lately, however, I have been attracted to more vibrant colors. This pin should help spice up my wardrobe a bit.


In looking for crochet and knitting patterns that feature hearts, I found a quirky one that I just had to make. It is called Love Bugs. The crochet pattern can be downloaded for free here if you have registered at the Lily Sugar 'n Cream website. Isn't he cute?


And then the grand finale for this month of hearts arrived in the mail for me today. One evening when I was surfing the net looking at different craft blogs, I ran into a delightful one, My Tinker Space by Aisyah Helga.
She just happened to be offering a Valentine's giveaway to the first person to comment on her current posting and I was that person. The giveaway was a crocheted garland of hearts. Interestingly, it was very similar to the one I made for my mother-in-law. Serendipity!  Check out her blog. She is very talented and it is a bright and cheerful space to spend some time in.


I continue to be in love with hearts and will surely make more in the future. However, I will be concentrating on other things in March.What they will be is still to be determined, but definitely they will be things that catch my heart.

1 comment:

Aisyah Helga said...

Thanks for mentioning me here, Kathleen! I'm really happy that you like it!