Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Shopping Trip to the Big City

I like shopping, and I like to drive. ~Lacey Chabert


I scouted around my small town source (otherwise known as Walmart) for craft supplies yesterday and could not find what I needed for two new projects I want to work on--a wreath for my front door and a baby blanket made from a doily pattern. Luckily, like the quoted actress above, I like to drive.  The nearest location of likely materials for my projects is approximately forty miles from my home.  Whenever we go there we plan to be gone all day and we incorporate all those errands that cannot be done in our small town into our itinerary. 

Today we got our hair cut, went grocery shopping for items we cannot buy at the local Walmart, went to lunch, and I bought the materials for my wreath and a book of doily patterns.  It was a lovely day.
 



No comments: