Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Christmas Heart

May we keep Christmas in our hearts
Through every day of all the year. 

~Gertrude B. Holman

Okay, I know tomorrow is Valentine's Day, so why am I making a Christmas Heart?  I am part of a group on Ravelry which is making a different Christmas ornament each month.  I haven't finished my ornament for January yet and the suggested ornament for February is an adorable little snowman.  However, when I saw this pattern for this Decorative Heart, I just had to make it.  Used the same yarn as for my Valentine's Scarf--Cascade 220 Heathers in the Carmine colorway.  I am really trying to use yarn from my stash. I'm going to make several more for additional gifts, but this one is for my grandson. 

 

2 comments:

Aisyah Helga said...

Lovely heart! And I think it's the same color as my cloche! Thanks for being the first to comment on my last post. You'll be getting the Red Heart Garland as soon as you send me your mailing address.

Have a lovely day & Happy Valentine's Day!

Kathleen said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too. I ran across your blog through another one I was reading regularly and I love it. I'll be visiting often. Can't wait to get my garland. Thanks so much for sharing!