Monday, June 19, 2006

One of the reasons I am retiring


Can you believe it? Two hours to get home this next to the last day I will be working! One of my teaching colleagues once said that it would not be the job that would cause him to retire. It would be the traffic on Interstate 95.There was a truck (of course) wreck which closed two lanes of traffic and tied everything up for miles. I managed to slide off the interstate, finally, and take the back way home. Commuter nightmares like that are one thing I will definitely not miss in retirement. Even listening to a book on tape to relieve the stress of driving doesn't work in occurrences like today. Thank goodness we traded in the manual for an automatic. Before, with the manual, I would get home after a traffic tie-up like today with my legs shaking. Stay tuned for news of my last day at work tomorrow.

No comments: