Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Countdown to Retirement

Well, it's 5 days and counting! I don't think it's really going to hit me until September when I would normally start back to work for the new school year, but I am getting rather excited now at the prospect of more freedom than I've had in about 40 years. It is a bittersweet prospect since I really like my work and the people I work with, but it is time. I didn't want to be a burnout, and I could feel that lurking around the edges of all I did this year. I've begun a list of "Things to Do in Retirement". So far, it reads like this:
1. Get healthy.
2. Read, read, and read somemore.
3. Knit and crochet up a storm.
4. Sell the house here in VA (which as you can see from the picture still needs a lot of work).



5. Move to the new house in AZ (which as you can see has yet to be started).



6. Travel and get out to see America.

1 comment:

Rommel K-tracho said...

Hi Mrs. Bushman
I hope you can have a lot of fun during your retirement. We all are going to miss you but we also understand that you need to relax and do what you really want to do without any responsabiliby and without thinking of you hardtime students "like me"...lol..
Thank for give me your my space thing so I can keep int touch with you which are really feel great about it..
Thank you and see you soon!!