Friday, March 14, 2008

On The Road Again

We are heading out tomorrow morning to visit family and friends in the East. First to Florida, then on to Virginia and Maryland. With the price of diesel fuel at this time, we are probably crazy to be driving, but we like having our own car to get around in and flying around Easter is not inexpensive either, especially with several different destinations on our itinerary. My husband rarely gives up control of the steering wheel to me except in cases of extreme fatigue, so for the long drive, I am taking along some WIPs that have been crying to be finished and hope that I will be able to pass the time happily knitting.
This pillow cover has been languishing for over a year. I started it before we moved out here to the Southwest. It is intended for my daughter so if I can finish it on the trip I can give it to her in person.

This, my first pair of socks, is actually much further along than the above picture. I have finished the first one and I have high hopes of finishing the second one so that I can give them to my son in person, as well. They will still need to be felted, but since he has a top load washer, unlike me, I can make quick work of that.


This project will not be finished on the trip. It is the "Learn-to- Knit Afghan" by Barbara Walker and still has 59 more squares to go. However, my daughter is making the same afghan and we plan to get in some quality time catching up with each other and knitting more squares.

No comments: