Sunday, March 09, 2008

Spinning Out of Control

Several weeks ago, I solemnly promised myself that I would under no circumstances purchase any more yarn until I had made a huge reduction of my embarrassingly large stash. Yesterday, I found out just how weak my resolve is, however. I bought a top-whorl drop spindle and some merino wool prepared for spinning. I had seen them at my LYS after a knitting group meeting last week and had been obsessing about them. I found several instructional sites online and read voraciously and dreamed. Finally the pressure was too great and I broke down. I rationalized that it isn't really yarn yet, right?


2 comments:

Robyn said...

No- it doesn't count! (says me who also bought some roving and a spindle and who is also trying to knit from my stash...) So excited to learn!

Anonymous said...

It isn't yarn yet and you have NOT added to your yarn stash. You have started a whole NEW stash! Yes, it's a slippery slope, says she who ha a bead stash, sock yarn stash, other yarn stash, fibre stash, pattern stash.......