Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Aaargh!

Actually, I guess I should be saying "rip it, rip it, rip it," since I've spent the last hour frogging The Firestarter sock by Yarnissima I started February 23. I had no business starting this sock before I finished the first pair of socks I've ever knitted. However, the informal sock knitting group I belong to had agreed to make that sock in February and I wanted to see if I could do it. Several of the members, more experienced than I, had already finished theirs and offered to help me if I needed assistance. Do I need assistance? HA! I had to rip back 4 rows because I had developed a hole, not a ladder, a HOLE, in the join between one needle and the other. Everything seems okay now and I will pay closer attention when changing from one needle to the other. This is not a beginner's sock, but I am determined to do a good job of it. And when I do, it will be due, in large part, to the talented, supportive members of my sock knitting group.

The pattern for this little beauty can be found at The Loopy Ewe in their free patterns section. It has some very interesting features and is meant to be knitted toe-up on a circular needle. I used a Turkish cast-on and am knitting it with the magic loop method. I wanted a challenge and this is definitely it.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Good for you for trying! I took one look at it and said "Nope. Not right now"