Monday, January 07, 2008

The First FO of 2008!

I finished the first crochet block for the 2008 12" Crochet Block-a-Month CAL on Craftster. I joined it through Ravelry, but details of the CAL and links to the CAL patterns for each month can be found here. The first block, January, is called Dreamcatcher. I finished it in one day, with some frogging. I misinterpreted some of the directions, but figured it out without too much difficulty. Probably would have helped if I hadn't also been watching the NFL's 2008 Wild Card Football games.
The color in this picture is a bit off, but I just couldn't get a true color no matter what lighting I used.

Needle and yarn
Hook
5.5 mm (I)
Yarn
Plymouth Encore Worsted
How much?
1 skein = 200.0 yards (182.9m) (did not use entire skein)
Colorway
1231 (a soft sage green)

I am going to make 2 of each of the monthly blocks and eventually put them together in an afghan for my husband. I had another pattern in mind to use with this yarn, but was intrigued with this pattern and like the idea of a sort of sampler afghan. The other colors I will use are also Plymouth Encore Worsted: 1202, a light tan; and 1203, slightly darker tan. See color cards here.

Now I need to get busy on the scraps scarf I'm making for the READ KNIT COOK group on Ravelry. I received the book we're reading for this group in January today--Knit Two Together by Connie Lane. Can't wait to begin reading. It is a Harlequin which usually I would not be interested in, but read a good review of it on Amazon by Harriet Klausner whom I respect. She is a former librarian and I used to read her reviews in the discussion group for mystery lovers--DorothyL.

No comments: