Friday, April 01, 2011

Spring Flowers

If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom.  ~Terri Guillemets

Because we had a very dry winter and it continues to be dry and very warm now into spring, we have very few spring wildflowers blooming in the desert.  Luckily for my soul, we potted up some flowers that are now thrilling us with their profusion and their vibrant colors.



Verbena, African Daisies, Calendula, and Nasturtiums--who wouldn't be filled with joy just gazing at them?  I walked through the back garden today and saw green leaves bursting forth everywhere along with many buds ready to bloom soon.  I love spring!

4 comments:

billie jo said...

this makes me green with envy, i still have snow on the ground! thank you for the beautiful pictures.

Kathleen said...

Billie Jo, you are welcome. Glad I could bring some spring color into your world.

Sara said...

Beautiful! I will be planting this week. So excited to get back in the garden! Looking forward to lots of color and fresh veggies. Yum! :)

Kathleen said...

I know what you mean--I've been starved for color this winter. I'm trying to get some herbs started, but a rabbit already ate my black opal basil. I'm going to keep trying, however.