Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Yarn Along

It's Wednesday so I am joining Ginny for her weekly Yarn Along.  I'm a bit late today, but I went into town early this morning and just got back. 

This week I have a new knitting project to show you.  It is a reversible cable pattern that is easy to follow.  The yarn is Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash in the Ruby colorway. The free pattern can be found here. I am making this scarf for the Red Scarf Project.The volunteers who run the project only accept donations from September 1 through December 15 each year. Having so much time in which to finish my project makes me feel very relaxed and I am enjoying knitting it very much. 


I am listening to the book, Faithful Place, while I knit on the scarf.  I prefer reading, but this allows me to multi-task and, since this mystery is set in Dublin, I also get a  chance to hear the lilting cadences of the Irish characters in the novel. I have read two previous books by the author, Tana French, and really enjoyed them.  Her mysteries are like no others I've ever read. The internal musings and motivations of the detectives in her stories are as important as the victims and perpetrators of the crimes they investigate.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Love the deep rich red you have chosen. That pattern looks relaxing and doable for a new cable knitter. I will add it to my que. Soon as I stop being a chicken about the cable needle:)

Alicia in New Zealand