Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Yarn Along

Once again I'm joining Ginny at small things for her weekly yarn along.

Time has gotten away from me since last Wednesday and I haven't accomplished very much in the way of crocheting or reading. I haven't done anything on the tote project I posted about last Wednesday, but I have been working sporadically on two other crochet projects--an amigurumi snowman and an afghan square. Both of these projects need a lot more work before they look like much.


The snowman is my March project for the Christmas ornament KAL/CAL-2011 on Ravelry. The pattern for this little guy can be found here on the Lion Brand website. It is free, but you must join to have access to their free patterns. He is my third amigurumi project and I am continuing to enjoy making these cute stuffed toys.

The afghan square is my April square for the 2011 Crochet Block-a-Month CAL, also on Ravelry. The pattern, Crown Jewels Square by Melinda Miller, is also a free pattern, and can be found here. It is the fourth square for the afghan I am making for my grandson for Christmas.

I haven't gotten very far in The Dollmaker since last week, but it is well-written and has captured my interest.  I need to finish reading it by April 22 in order to discuss it at my book club meeting.

Looks like I have a lot of crocheting and reading to accomplish in the next week if I want to show more progress than I have this week.

5 comments:

Pooch said...

Very cheerful colors in your ornament!

Happy reading and knitting!
:)

Kathleen said...

Thanks, Pooch. Hope to have made more progress by next week's Yarnalong.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of your groups, making a block a month for a Christmas afghan seems like a great idea!

Kathleen said...

jenletts, the idea of making a whole afghan can be somewhat daunting, but a block-a-month is something I can handle. Thanks for stopping by.

Nina O'Brien said...

Thanks Kathleen for entering and well done you have won,