Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cross My Heart, I'm Burnin' Up the Stash

I finished the February block for the 2008 12" Block-a-Month CAL group on Ravelry. It's called appropriately Cross My Heart. It went much easier than the January one. However, now I need to make another January block because I've decided on different yarns to use. I started out thinking I would make each block in the same color and then the pattern for February called for at least 3 different colors. I'm happy with the new colors and it enables me to use up even more of my stash.


Hook: Size H, 5.0mm

Yarns:

Bernat Berella "4" in Soft Forest Green (244)

Caron One Pound in Country Rose (535)

Caron One Pound in Off White (514)

Storage space in our new home is more limited than in the old one. We had an attic and a basement there. I have all my craft things and yarns in a closet in our computer/craft/guest bedroom and it is overflowing. I've decided that I really need to destash my yarns so I joined another group on Ravelry, Burnin' Up the Stash.

Following one of the tips posted there, I have started recording just what I have in my stash. I spent several hours yesterday just logging in my sock yarns. It is a bit overwhelming, but I am determined to do a bit everyday until it is all accounted for. It has made me wonder why I have accumulated so very much yarn.

Am I addicted to yarn buying? Is it some type of disorder like hoarding? I've always been a dreamer and perhaps the thoughts of a new project are as satisfying for me as the actual completion of a knitted or crocheted object. Whatever it is, I feel like I have taken the first step in admitting I have a problem. Once I've finished logging everything in I will need to set some goals for how to eliminate this embarrassment of riches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your square turned out really pretty