Saturday, February 23, 2008

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub Another FO

I finished a really quick project today for one of the groups I belong to on Ravelry. It is a Spiral Scrubbie.


I made it for my husband to use when washing dishes (yes, he's a doll!) because he hates all the dishcloths I've made--too big! Actually it looks super easy, but I had problems following the finishing instructions. After some thought, I managed to finish off in a somewhat acceptable manner, but do not think I will make this pattern again. Found two others which I might try in order to use up some of my stash. We'll see. It's pretty low priority right now as I have many other projects on the needles or hooks. I need to finish a child's hat and scarf that I started in January, and my first pair of socks, and a baby afghan I began last year, and . . .

Needle and yarn:
Hook 5.0 mm (H).
Yarn Peaches and Cream Ombre Cotton Worsted.
How much? Very little yardage from a cone.
Colorway Peppercorn.

2 comments:

knitphomaniac said...

love the colours in it :D funky job! (can you convince MY husband to do the dishes?) ;)

Kathleen said...

I think men doing the dishes all depends upon how their mothers raised them. My husband's mom believed in sending her sons out into the world ready to fend for themselves. My husband is a good cook and a much better housekeeper than I am.