Monday, March 28, 2011

Finally Some FOs!

Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it. ~Greg Anderson


I did experience joy in the making of these finished objects (FOs), but I have gotten even more joy from actually finishing them.


I finished my Scrawl on the Wall Shawl several days ago.  I began this shawl in January as a knit-a-long on Ravelry and first posted about it here. It has been my go to project when I needed to relax because it was an easy knit. I'll have to find another project now to relieve my stress.


I also started this little Christmas Gnome in January as part of a monthly Christmas ornament knit/crochet-a-long on Ravelry. The free pdf pattern designed by Else Tennessen can be found here.  He is the very first amigurumi project I've ever attempted.  I enjoyed making him so much that I am now addicted.

 
I finished this Starburst Flower square for my grandson's afghan in just two days.  It is the March square for the 2011 Block-a-Month Crochet-a-long I'm participating in on Ravelry.  The pattern can be found for free here.  The talented designer is Donna Mason-Svara, otherwise known as SmoothFox. It is a very well-written pattern and included some stitches that were new to me, so it was very interesting and educational to make.

Now I have to get busy and finish some more projects.

No comments: