Friday, April 18, 2008

Doing My Part for Project Linus

I started a crochet project yesterday because I needed to get back to crocheting and wanted to do something easy and comforting. I usually have at least one crochet project in the works along with my knitting projects, but haven't done any for a while. I will donate the afghan to Project Linus when it is completed.



The pattern is Sideways Shell Baby Afghan by Donna Laing. I'm using a yarn I purchased some time ago to make an afghan for my husband. It is Caron One Pound in the Soft Sage colorway. I donated most of my acrylic yarn to others earlier this week for charity knitting, but kept this for sentimental reasons. I thought I was finished with charity knitting for the foreseeable future, but kept feeling the pull all week. I am very happy with the way it is progressing and it is giving me a warm, fuzzy feeling that I needed also. I'm using an H hook rather than the recommended I hook because I tend to be a loose crocheter.

Project Linus is a charitable organization whose mission is to provide love, security, and comfort to children in need through blankets and afghans provided by volunteers, and to provide an opportunity for service to children to interested individuals and groups. As of December, 2007, they have donated 2, 293, 340 blankets from a total of 406 chapters. I became interested in this organization through a group I belong to on Ravelry.

No comments: