Monday, July 14, 2008

My Computer's Been Held Hostage

It's summertime and the livin' is BUSY! So busy, I've scarcely had time to knit or crochet. I've managed to knit 20 more rounds of the Magic Stripes socks and am now ready to turn the heel on the second sock. Also, was able to knit about 14 more rows on the Garter Stitch Ruffles Baby Blanket for Project Linus. However, the progress on these projects is so minimal, I haven't even taken a photo.

So, what have I been doing? First, we had to fly East for several days on family business. Not a happy time, but it was comforting to see everyone. Then, a niece and nephew came for a two week visit. We kept them busy (I haven't forgotten how to deal with a 12 and 10 year old) and in the off times they hijacked my computer. How did young people occupy their time before the computer age? Don't get me wrong--I love surfing the net, e-mailing friends and family, and hanging out on Ravelry, but I do come up for air once in a while. Lest their parents think that I aided and abetted their obsession with online games and IMing friends, I took plenty of photos to prove we did do some active, outdoor stuff too. Unfortunately, Blogger is not cooperating at the moment and will not allow me to upload any photos. I wasn't kidding when I said my computer has been held hostage lately.

Finally, we saw the kids off at Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix and went on to visit an elderly family member in Palm Springs, California for 5 days. Whew! Am I glad to be home, if only for a short while. More travels next week, but in the meantime I am enjoying being able to use my computer again and the monsoons have made everything green up and cool down. Paradise!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Welcome back! Your summer sounds busy, too -- can't wait to see your photos, when Blogger decides to cooperate.